Landi Renzo 184.108.40.206c is now available for download. The new version includes fixes, new firmware, removed bloat in the welcome screen and a few new tricks for automatic calibration.
For any questions you can write us on firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us in our Online Chat (in the lower right corner).
The versions will support the latest Landi Renzo ECU’s that are installed from 2012 to 2021. Support for A.E.B. injectors, GIRS12 injectors, Lovato K and J, with possibility to install KEIHIN and MATRIX as well.
The updated firmware includes:
- MP8C_OBD_#01354 (for ECU OMEGAS 3.0 5-6-8 cylinders)
Easier to identify
You can now split the list of OMEGAS ECUs between LRE194 and LRE198, dividing them into OMEGAS for 2, 3, 4 cylinders and OMEGAS 5, 6, 8 cylinders
Landi Renzo OMEGAS 3 ECU 5, 6, 8 Cylinder
Updated the parameters of the basic configuration of the “GI 25” injectors under the “Injector type” item.
Improved auto calibration
The basic calibrations have been optimized with the use of GIRS12 injectors.
Updated texts in various languages
Solved small display problems
F1 Gas change-over, various page modifications
- Updated injector selection list for
- KIT in accordance with the UCIF project (only for Italy)
- New KIT with EVO ECU and GIRS12 injectors
- Specific kits for some world markets
- Injector type: when setting AEB_EVO it is now also possible to set the size of the nozzles, thus allowing an “Auto calibration”, to start from a mapping as close as possible to the optimum
- Injector type: when setting “Landi GIRS12, it is now possible to also set the XXS size, thus allowing, a “self-calibration”, to start from a suitable mapping for the injectors used
- The “Manual injection sequence” function depends on whether the “Type of rev signal” item is selected. Function used for EVO L control units as the engine revs wire is not present. With the use of other ECUs on which the brown wire is present (RPM signal), we suggest keeping this wire connected and setting the “Type of rev signal” item. The specific reading of the engine revs is an improvement for the management of all the strategies on which the calibration and carburation control depend.
- Buzzer. At the discretion of the customer, it is possible to activate/deactivate the beep of the switch when switching from petrol to gas and, when the gas reserve LED comes on.
- Gas level. With LROMEGAS3 ECU, setting 8 cylinders, at the “Low pressure value for change back” parameter, the default value was set to 0.5 bar for LPG and 1.25 bar for CNG.
- Advanced. The petrol contribution map has been inserted. If enabled, it works as an alternative to the “Petrol contribution” item in the “Gas / petrol” window. The possibility of using a map, in comparison to the previous function, allows you to set the petrol compensation in more precise points. The values from 0 to 100 that can be set in the map are expressed as a percentage, where for 100 the engine is powered only by petrol.
In the lower bar of the screen the value of the petrol contribution is expressed in ms. (like other injection times).
- Autocalibration. You can check the “Correction over 2500m above sea level” box. By varying the MAP pressure values, this function allows the completion of the auto-calibration, avoiding the need to acquire points with high engine load, on occasions when it is not possible to reach them due to altitude conditions (e.g.: some South American countries), or particular engine characteristics (e.g.: some cars with automatic gearbox).
- Injectors. New function: “Extra-injections cutting”. The values of “Gas extra-injection minimum opening time” and “Petrol extra-injection maximum time” can be set, and the default value are set at 0.1 ms and 1.4 ms.
- Adaptivity. The settable item has been inserted: “Enable PID44 correction” and its display. This function can be used if the vehicle’s ECU is set up to manage this function and with the LROMEGAS3, EVO-OBD and LROMEGAS4 ECUs, because the connection to the EOBD connector is necessary. To check if the petrol injection ECU manages the PID 44 you can use the AEB OBD tester.
- the connection must be type 8 or 9
- in the “Parameters” menu by selecting the “Lambda set value” (target) item, the value is displayed; or, after the connection between the gas control unit and the OBD diagnostic socket of the vehicle, the value of the “Fuel equivalent ratio” item will be “1”.
This strategy allows to correct the “Rich” carburation peaks, without having to intervene on the carburation map, so that every time the carburation drops below the value set in the box (“900” value of the recommended security), the ECU makes a carburation towards the “lean”, such as to be within the correct values so as to improve vehicle driveability (particularly suitable for CNG systems).
- F3 – DIAGNOSIS. Even with the “C” version of the software program it is possible to activate / deactivate each diagnosis item and the consequent “Action”.